MediCongress was founded in 1987 and is a family business specialised in the organisation of medical congresses. MediCongress has already organised more than 700 congresses of 100 up to 5000+ participants all over the world.
Our customers are mainly national and international medical associations and universities and we support them for all their administration and logistic tasks.
Experience, enthusiasm and drive are our trumps to provide our customers and congress participants with a perfect service.
We are looking for a:
Assistant Congress Manager with digital skills
As administrative support for our team of congress managers, you are responsible for supporting them with the organisation of events behind the scenes. You are a reliable helping hand for administrative tasks linked to event management.
You work under the supervision of the Operations Manager and in a supportive role for your colleagues Congress Managers.
You help the team in organising both real life (inter)national conferences as well as digital/hybrid meetings.
As an administrative support you will be helping the team with:
- Practical arrangements for sponsors and congress participants
- Sending out invitation letters to sponsors & follow-up on replies
- Contact with hotels and meeting venues
- Make travel arrangements
- Answer and redirect phone calls
- Update the layout of texts in Word according to specific instructions
- Review text (proof reading) and lay-out in Word
- Sending out mailings and e-mailings
- Create visibility for our customers on social media
- Logistic support
- Help in setting up website and newsletters
- Be present at congresses in Belgium and abroad
- Professional Bachelor Degree or experience as administrative assistant
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch & English
- Good knowledge of French
- Knowledge of other languages will be considered a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and
- Basic knowledge of web technologies & e-newsletters
- Good administration and organisation skills
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks and be flexible with changing priorities
- Pro active mentality to support the team
- Positive mindset
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment
- Varied range of tasks
- Attractive salary with benefits
- Interesting job in a young and dynamic team with flexible hours
- A pleasant work environment in a modern office which is easy to reach: Noorwegenstraat 49, 9940 Evergem
Interested in this challenging position of Congress Manager?
Apply today: MediCongress – Sofie Philips - Sofie@medicongress.com