MediCongress was founded in 1987 and is a family business specialised in the organisation of medical congresses. MediCongress has already organised more than 700 congresses of 100 up to 5000+ participants all over the world.
Our customers are mainly national and international medical associations and universities and we support them for all their administration and logistic tasks.
Experience, enthusiasm and drive are our trumps to provide our customers and congress participants with a perfect service.
We are looking for a:
Congress Manager (M/F) with digital skills
As a Congress Manager, you are responsible for the organisation of congresses and meetings for which you are in direct contact with our customers and suppliers. You work under the supervision of the Operations Manager and in close collaboration with your colleagues Congress Managers, Assistant Congress Managers and our Administrative Assistant.
You organize both real life (inter)national conferences as digital/hybrid meetings.
- Organisation of the congresses both digital and real life:
- Find suitable congress venues and negotiate the conditions and prices
- Plan social activities for congress participants
- Contact hotels for the booking of hotel rooms for congress participants and speakers
- Make travel arrangements for speakers and colleagues
- Follow up on the registrations and payments of congress participants
- Provide information to international congress participants (by email and phone)
- Find sponsors, make practical arrangements with sponsors and invoice them
- Be present at congresses in Belgium and abroad
- Setup digital online platforms and contact AV/streaming providers
- Setup website and social media
- Answer and redirect phone calls
- Ensure the functioning of the office when colleagues are at a congress
- Support the drawing-up of the scientific programmes of the congresses
- Follow up on the receipt of texts, their evaluation and take care of the correspondence involved
- Update the layout of texts in Word according to specific instructions
- Proofread congress programmes
- Professional Bachelor Degree
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch, English and French
- Knowledge of online & digital platforms for hybrid events
- Basic knowledge of web technologies
- Knowledge of other languages will be considered a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good administration and organisation skills
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple activities and be flexible with changing priorities
- Detail oriented and proactive mentality
- Ability to operate autonomously and also as part of a team
- A full-time contract
- Varied range of tasks
- Attractive salary with benefits
- Interesting job in a young and dynamic team with flexible hours
- A pleasant work environment in a modern office which is easy to reach: Noorwegenstraat 49, 9940 Evergem
Interested in this challenging position of Congress Manager?
Apply today: MediCongress –Bob Van Cleemputte -firstname.lastname@example.org